Core Restaurant + Mobile Food Truck or Trailer
Learn more about owning a Smokin' Oak Wood-Fired Pizza Franchise
As a complement to a core model, Taproom or take-out and delivery model, Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza has introduced two ‘on the road’ options to bring our wood-fired pizza to a greater audience: a food truck and a food trailer.
The popularity of food trucks, of course found outside and in open air environments, gained in popularity. However the rise of popularity in food trucks has been rising since 2009, where the food truck business has grown almost eighty percent. By 2020, food trucks were already a billion dollar business.
There are several reasons why food trucks have gained in popularity over the years:
- Rising popularity of street food: The variety and quality of mobile cuisine is staggering and embraced by the world. From savory, upscale dinners to artery clogging deep-fried desserts, street food tastes good and this is the prime reason for why food trucks are now at the top in popularity.
- There is no doubt that, mobile kitchens are bringing farm to table concepts to cities across the world. Most of the chefs are purchasing proteins, dairy and produce from local sources and producing better food than some brick and mortar restaurants. Consumers can taste the difference between those micro greens grown down the road as compared to the salad processed in a factory.
- From evolving menu options to new units on the scene, food trucks present a novel approach to eating out.
- Some people feel awkward in air tight rooms. Most of the eateries have modified their dining halls to make a cozy atmosphere for the customers. But, most of them get fused over it. When the weather is pleasant, nothing is better than getting outside. A quick stroll in the park to a lunch wagon is just what the doctor ordered to lift the spirits of eaters in the concrete jungle.
- Food trucks fuse different popular foods and serve them with different taste and flavor. You can easily get Japanese tacos, wood-fired pizza (yay us!), German Gyros all together. Creative chefs are pushing the fusion envelope to create a unique dining experience.
Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza has two options available:
- Our food truck is 24’ long by 7’ wide. It has everything you would need to prep, make, bake and serve wood-fired pizza to several hundred guests per day. Every truck comes outfitted with all equipment, including the custom made wood-fired oven. It also comes with all exterior graphics to ensure your truck gets noticed! The cost of a food truck is approximately $170,000 and take about 12-14 weeks to build.
- Our food trailer is Our food truck is 24’ long by 7’ wide. Like the food truck, it has everything you would need to prep, make, bake and serve wood-fired pizza to several hundred guests per day. It also comes outfitted with all equipment, including the custom made wood-fired oven. The food trailer requires a vehicle such as a Ford F250 to haul the trailer, and some food festivals do not allow trailers, but allow trucks. This is an important consideration. The cost of a food trailer is approximately $71,000.
Both the food truck and the food trailer must accompany one of our restaurant models, as you’ll need somewhere to make dough and other activities that will require a commercial kitchen.