March 14th is Pi Day, undoubtedly one of our favorite days of the year! At Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza, we are proud to celebrate this special day with our customers by offering an amazing Pi Day Special in exchange for donations to local organizations and food banks.
On top of these special deals, we thought it would be fun to share 14 fun pizza statistics to celebrate Pi Day!
- Over 36% of pizzas ordered in the USA contain pepperoni.
- There are over 70,000 pizzerias in the United States.
- 10% of the United States pizzerias are located in NYC.
- The number of pieces of pizza the average American will eat within a year is 46.
- Roughly 3 billion pizzas are sold annually in the US.
- 1 in 6 men between the ages of 2 and 39 ate pizza for one of their meals today.
- Per capita consumption of cheese is up 41% since 1995.
- The average number of pizza boxes used by a pizzeria per day is 55.
- 36% of people consider pizza the perfect breakfast.
- The world’s fastest pizza maker can make pizza in 2 minutes and 35 seconds.
- 62% of Americans prefer meat toppings, 38% prefer vegetables.
- Roughly 30,000,000 slices of pizza are eaten each day in the US.
- 14% of adults eat pizza every single day!.
- 59% of adults prefer pizza for dinner over any other time of day.
What is our final conclusion from our overview of these statistics? Well, people LOVE pizza! Which of these facts surprised you the most?
If you follow us, you know Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza takes pizza very seriously! With all fresh toppings (so fresh, we don’t even have a freezer!), in-house made dough and sauces with meats roasted in our wood-fired oven.
To find out more information on your local Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza’s Pi-day deal and what local organization they are supporting, take a look at their social media.
Facebook Page > Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza in Ames, IA
Facebook Page > Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza in Grand Junction, CO